A combined total of just over 450 entries, all showing a love of Cabinteely and its wonderful facilities, sends a clear message to the wider community of the need to protect open spaces and to respect the environment. A selection of the entries can be seen here.
Wildlife and the Park figures prominently in the work of the artists and they are to be commended for their awareness of the impact of the thoughtless behaviour of some who discard litter so carelessly or fail to clean up after their pets.
The judges commented on the very high standards of work, the great variety of design and subject choice and, in some cases, quite exceptional artistic talent. They were in no doubt that many of these young artists will have future careers in the art and design areas. We wholeheartedly agree.
We are very grateful to the following:
- The Parish Centre management for displaying the winning entries and a selection across both age groups.
- The Principals and staff of the schools for their support.
- The Cathaoirleach, Councillor Marie Baker for presenting the prizes.
- The artists for judging the Competitions.
- Derek Behan
- Aaron Deevy
- Fiona Flavin
- Clare Henderson
- The Art and Hobby Shop, Dun Laoghaire for their donation of the art packs for our Special Merit prizes.